My Year of the Life of Leisure

I left my job, left my apartment, sold most everything in that apartment and embarked on a year of travelling and leisure. I am working on writing a couple of books. This might be one of them... But then, my chief pursuit is leisure, so who knows exactly what will happen.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

My toes are lovely

Recently returned from my first-ever pedicure. The poor woman had her work cut out for her -- my feet definitely show all the signs of a walk-a-lot vacation. Now, I do not want to wear the ultra-comfy running shoes (yes, I said running shoes -- if you do not know me, you should know this is not something anyone would expect me to buy). I bought the shoes because I needed better shoes for walking, as my feet are always sore after walking in my flats or flip flops. Also, I'm going to visit the Iguazu waterfalls next weekend, and I wanted shoes that were a little more appropriate for tramping around a national park that is dominated by water.

The shoes are lovely. Where else can you buy a new pair of Reeboks for about $40 USD? OK. Thailand. But you get the idea.

OK. Time to read other blogs and then go out for dinner. Note: dinner at 9-10pm is insanely early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home