My Year of the Life of Leisure

I left my job, left my apartment, sold most everything in that apartment and embarked on a year of travelling and leisure. I am working on writing a couple of books. This might be one of them... But then, my chief pursuit is leisure, so who knows exactly what will happen.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Rediscovering joie de vivre

Today is much better than the other days this week. Last night, I went to a Cuban salsa dance class. I'd thought I was bored with salsa dancing (in Seattle), but I realize now that I just needed a change of salsa scenery. I had an incredible time last night, and will start taking salsa classes at least 1-2x per week. The instructor is a bit sassy. The class I was in last night was far below the level I was at in Seattle, and I will definitely be attending more difficult classes.

But oh, I had so much fun. The adrenaline rush was fantastic and it was great to get out and shake my thang.

I don't even feel that tired anymore.

Am determined to see a movie tonight. Last week, we were too late to see Croupier. However, it has a later showing this week, and I hope to see it tonight.

I also heard about a 'club' here (I use that term loosely), that has comfy seating and a stack of board games from here to the ceiling. A night of pictionary sounds fun. I just have to see if some others are interested, too.

Still, I want the sniper rifle and rocket launcher (and whatever new, fun firearms there are) in Halo.

Really, if you know someone in Buenos Aires with an X-box, do let me know...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger DementedPhotographer said…

    I would think that salsa there would certainly be different than salsa in Seattle, which sounds like something for which one would certainly need to bring a bad of chips. ;) Glad to hear you had fun.

    -G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home