My Year of the Life of Leisure

I left my job, left my apartment, sold most everything in that apartment and embarked on a year of travelling and leisure. I am working on writing a couple of books. This might be one of them... But then, my chief pursuit is leisure, so who knows exactly what will happen.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Bombs in Buenos Aires

As you may have heard on the news, there were three bombs planted in ATM kiosks on Wednesday. A security guard was killed, and a fireman injured.

I didn't find out about this until yesterday, from someone in Seattle... I only read the local [English language] newspaper on Fridays.

I was sitting in a cafe on the Avenida 9 de Julio (aka, the widest street in the world, clocking in at 14 or so lanes), having tea with someone from the residence. I don't yet know exactly where the bombings were (I haven't read the paper I bought at lunch).

So, I'm fine. At least it wasn't an embassy or consulate -- I was having tea in the heart of the embassy/consulate neighborhood (the friend is an embassy intern).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home